Need a car accident lawyer in Miami?
Our team of car accident lawyers in Miami understands the problems that can arise after a car accident. We know the personal injury laws and the process to effectively handle all the legwork on your behalf to go against the big auto insurance companies.
You might be concerned that filing a lawsuit and going to court is too much of a hassle and that you can’t afford it on top of all the expenses after the accident.
At Felicetti Law Firm, P.C., we settle a large portion of car accident cases out of court without needing to go to trial. Our team of experienced attorneys can get the fair and just compensation that you deserve through tough and clear negotiations. Our negotiations include both financial losses:
- medical bills, future medical bills, lost wages due to time spent away from work, vehicle repair costs, loss of earning capacity –
and non-financial losses
- pain and suffering, emotional trauma, loss of consortium and punitive damages due to the defendant’s actions.
When should you consult with a car accident lawyer?
You should consider hiring a car accident lawyer if any of the following apply to your case:
The severity of the injuries sustained in the accident:
Here we look at the type of injury, the length of time it will take to recover and the cost of the medical bills, including any future medical bills. Some injuries that we will attempt to get compensation for are:
- Loss of limbs
- Head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Knee damage
- Wrongful death
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Brain damage
- Permanent scarring
Long-term or permanent injuries:
Long-term means injuries that last a year or longer to recover from and permanent is where you are disabled for life. These injuries could affect your quality of life and the ability for you to find work or to continue with your career.
When the claim is disputed by the insurance company it normally means that they believe you are at fault or you do not have enough evidence to prove that you are not at fault. Therefore they are not prepared to pay you for the damages.
Refusal to pay:
These are cases where the insurance company does not dispute the liability, but they either do not offer any settlement or an unfair settlement.
How we can help you
We will work with you to understand what your legal options and rights are and how to get what you are owed in your personal injury case.
Once we accept a case we will conduct a thorough investigation on the accident to gather proof of fault by:
- Questioning the witnesses
- Reconstructing the crash scene
- Speaking to crash scene experts
- Collecting and analyzing the police reports
- Analyze your medical records and speaking to medical experts to gather support for an injury compensation claim
- Speaking to the insurance providers
Type of Car Accident claims
Negligence by one party:
We need to prove here that the defendant failed to meet a reasonable standard of care and that his/her negligence caused the auto accident. Some examples are:
- Distracted / careless driving
- Texting and driving
- Talking on a cell phone
- Drowsy driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failure of obeying traffic signs or signals
- Illegal driving maneuvers
- Reckless driving
- Hit and run
Vehicle Manufacturing Liability
If a defect in either your or the other party’s vehicle contributed to the accident, then you might have a claim against the manufacturer regardless of who was at fault for the accident. To prove liability on the manufacturers side you will need to show
- That the vehicle was operated in the correct manner,
- No changes were made to the performance of the vehicle since purchase date and
- That the defective car/part caused the accident or was the reason for the injuries sustained
The defective part claims include airbags, seatbelts, accelerators, brakes and the engine.
Faulty design, construction or maintenance of the road can be the cause of an accident. A thorough analyzes of the accident scene is required to understand the cause, some examples are:
- Embankments that are too steep or not elevated properly
- Poorly designed barriers, guard rails, speed bumps or curbs
- Signs for sharp turns, animal crossing, etc. not positioned correctly or not clearly visible
Our main practice areas and the type of accident cases we are involved in are:
- Car accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Taxi cab accidents
- Slip and Fall accidents
- Construction Accidents