Car Accident Lawyer
- there were 253 million cars and trucks on U.S. roads
- 3,026 billion vehicle miles were travelled
according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
It’s no wonder, then, that chances are you have been, or will be involved in a car accident sooner or later. Regardless of whether the accident was a fender-bender or a calamitous crash, a car accident is a traumatic and horrible experience. Even a minor accident can leave you injured with whiplash, without transport, and out of pocket.
What happens if you are the victim in the event of an accident? When you have suffered financial loss or physical injury – or to put it into more direct terms – if some drunkard has smashed into the back of your car, and has caused you back and neck injury, you want compensation. And you need a lawyer on your side.
It’s not what you know, it’s who you know
You don’t need a lawyer whom your uncle recommended because he did such a quick job when your uncle sold his house. What you do need is:
- a lawyer who knows how to get you the compensation that you are genuinely entitled to,
- a lawyer who has fought successfully for many injured people in the past,
- a lawyer who knows how to protect your legal interests.
Forewarned is forearmed
While the moments after an auto accident are distressing, knowing what to do immediately after an accident has a significant impact on the success of your case. To improve your standing in court, be sure to:
- Check for injuries to the occupants of your vehicle and the other vehicle, and call for help immediately if need be.
- Report the accident – ideally call the police, even if not in a situation mandated by law. They are well-versed in noting details and information about the accident and strategically observing.
- Exchange pertinent information with the other driver – name, address, driver’s license number, license plate number, description of the vehicle, and insurance card.
- However, when talking to the other party, do not apologize or discuss the accident – these statements could later be used against you.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident – with smartphones, it’s never been easier.
- Check for witnesses – in the form of people who saw what happened, as well as any surveillance cameras in the vicinity.
- Call a car accident lawyer.
Our car accident lawyers have the knowledge and experience to get you the results you deserve. Call us today for a free initial consultation – (305) 998-7000.